« Go Back
November 24, 2023
Here is the latest edition of the Reading bulletin. Some highlights:
November 10, 2023
- Adoration until Midnight to prepare for Advent, Friday 1 December
- Feast of the Immaculate Conception – Sung Mass, Friday 8 December 7pm.
- Rorate Mass at 7am on Saturday 9 December, followed by Advent Recollection
- Prayer for priests before the Blessed Sacrament, every first Thursday of the month.
You can now read the latest bulletin here.
November 2, 2023
Thank you to all who organised the children’s All Saints Day party on Wednesday morning. There were many wonderful costumes, and Fr Phipps was deeply impressed at the knowledge of saints on display in the quiz!
October 30, 2023
All Saints Day (1 Nov.) is a Holy Day of Obligation – all Catholics must attend Mass on pain of mortal sin, and to the extent possible, abstain from servile works. Masses in Reading will be at 10am (Low Mass), and 7pm (Sung).
After the morning Mass, there will be a children’s All Saints party – come dressed as your favourite saint! Please bring a packed lunch and something to share.
All Souls Day is not a Holy Day of Obligation, […]
October 27, 2023
The latest parish bulletin is available to read here.
August 16, 2023
The St Petronilla Summer Camp is underway – follow along with new photos posted daily here.
August 7, 2023
Follow the boys’ camp with photos here
June 13, 2023
Great Catholic holiday for Boys, and Girls, in the Peak District. Organised and staffed by our Fraternity, with the help of lay staff.
Please tell your friends urgently as the deadline is looming ahead! Spread the word now!
- The St Peter’s Summer Camp for Boys runs 7-12 August (see pics here and Facebook Event here)
- The St Petronilla Summer Camp for Girls runs 14-19 August (see pics here and Facebook Event here)
The cost is £200 […]
March 27, 2023
June 29, 2022
A reminder that today members of the Confraternity of St Peter can gain a plenary indulgence (under the usual conditions). If you would like to join the Confraternity, please contact Fr Phipps.
Let us pray for our sovereign pontiff.
Here is a sermon Fr Phipps gave in 2018 for this feast: