St Mary’s Shrine Church Bulletin (fortnightly)
Smith Street, Warrington, Cheshire, WA1 2NS, England
Served by the Priestly Fraternity of St Peter by appointment from the RC Archdiocese of Liverpool
01925 635664 – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rector: Fr Armand de Malleray, FSSP
- Assistant: Fr Ian Verrier, FSSP, (also Organist & Choir Master)
- Assistant: Fr Alex Stewart, FSSP
- Visiting Priest: Fr Andrew Jolly
Shrine Secretary: Mrs Jane Wright
Safeguarding: If you have concerns about children or vulnerable adults, please contact the Archdiocesan Safeguarding Department on 0151 522 1043 or e-mail email@example.com, or speak with Clare Fraser, St Mary’s Safeguarding Officer. Thank you for your awareness.
Church Opening Times (with stewarding):
- Weekdays: 11:00am – 1:30pm
- Saturdays: 10:00am-1:30pm
- Sundays: 10:00am– 1:00pm & 5:00pm-7:00pm
Daily Mass open to all present on site, and accessible online for free daily viaLiveMass.net.
Holy Mass times:
- Mon-Sat: 12:10pm Mass
- Sundays: 11:00am Sung Mass; 6:00pm Low Mass.
Confessions: ½ hr daily before every Holy Mass:
- Sun: 10:30am-11:00am, and 5:30pm-6:00pm;
- Mon-Fri: 11:40am-12:05pm;
- Sat: 10:00am-12noon
No booking is required to attend Mass at St Mary’s Shrine Church.
- Vespers and Benediction Sunday 5:00pm-6:00pm
- Eucharistic Adoration Saturday 10:00am-12noon
- Daily Rosary 11:30am
- Stations of the Cross Mon & Fri 1:00pm
- Mothers’ Prayer Group Wed 1:00pm
- Divine Mercy Prayer second Tuesday 1:00pm
- First Friday (7pm Mass and Eucharistic adoration) and First Saturday devotions (10am Eucharistic Adoration and Marian prayer)
Access: Make sure to park in our TWO car parks, both of them adjacent to the church.
COVID: Please observe social distancing, sanitizing and one-way system as signed, and kindly cover your face with a mantilla, scarf or mask unless exempt.
To receive Holy Communion: one must be a Catholic, in state of grace, one-hour fasting at least. In the EF liturgy, Holy Communion is received kneeling (unless unable to) and always on the tongue. Thank you in advance.
Modesty in church: please cover your bodies at least down to elbows and below knees; no tight or see-through garments. ‘Sunday best’ on Sundays and feast.
Welcome back, Fr Alex Stewart, FSSP! We are delighted to have Fr Stewart with us again after his several months away on sick leave. He now resumes his function as Assistant Priest at St Mary’s. We will continue to pray for his full recovery. For the interest of our more recent parishioners, Fr Stewart grew up in the Shrewsbury diocese, trained at our American seminary and was ordained a priest here at St Mary’s by Archbishop McMahon OP of Liverpool in 2017.
Priory Campaign successfully ended. When we add the expected Gift Aid rebates on some of your donations, along with other funds received towards hall facilities, this raises the total to about £1,019,300.00. An architect is currently drawing plans for the conversion work to begin as soon as approved.
Sanctify the Day of the Lord! How best?
Further to devoutly attending Holy Mass, there is no more Catholic way than to attend Sung Vespers, the official prayer of the Church, that is, the Mystical Bride of Christ, followed by Benediction of the Blessed Sacrament, thus adoring the Eucharistic Bridegroom. This takes place every Sunday at St Mary’s, from 5:00pm to 6:00pm.
Confessions are heard as usual from 5:30pm to 6:00pm, with Holy Mass following at 6:00pm.
Mass readings: If you are new to St Mary’s Latin Mass community, please note that we normally have printed sheets with English translations and booklets to help you follow Holy Mass. Those are currently not available due to anti-virus regulations. But you can find on our website a link to the readings for the Mass of each day. You can also subscribe for free to our weekly circular emails with all news and interactive links.
110 confessions heard two weeks ago! Breaking St Mary’s weekly record. Thank God for His mercy!
OFFERTORY COLLECTION at the END of EVERY Mass, daily: a steward will be holding the collection basket by the Porch door as you exit, for you kindly to put your offering.
You can send your donation to St Mary’s Shrine via our Donate page: https://fssp.co.uk/donate/.
New ‘Donate’ buttons were added on that page, directing you straight to the local apostolate you wish to support, e.g. ‘Warrington / LiveMass’.
Ask us for a Gift Aid form to increase your donation by 20% at no extra cost to you. Gift Aid envelopes can be obtained from our Secretariat. Standing orders are easier and quicker for us to process than cash:
Lloyds Bank ; Sort Code: 30-80-27 ; Account number: 30993368 ; Account name: FSSP Warrington
- 38 Second Year FSSP seminarians tonsured on Sat. 17 October in Bavaria and on Sat. 24 October in America, including Tom, Henry and Conan from the UK and Ireland: pray for them.
- Local Warrington altar server David was admitted to begin formation at our Seminary in Bavaria last week. Please pray for him. He is our third seminarian from the UK currently studying in Wigratzbad.
- Watch the video of the priestly ordination of now Fr Roger Gilbride FSSP in New Zealand last 3rd October; see pictures of the ceremony.
Sunday, October 18th, 2020: Public recitation of the Prayer of the Confraternity of St. Peter (CSP) for priestly vocations and ministry. Right after the 11am and 6pm Holy Masses, CSP members new and old recite kneeling at the Communion Rail; non members recite from their pews:
O Lord Jesus, born to give testimony to the Truth, Thou who lovest unto the end those whom Thou hast chosen, kindly hear our prayers for our pastors.
Thou who knowest all things, knowest that they love Thee and can do all things in Thee who strengthenest them.
Sanctify them in Truth. Pour into them, we beseech Thee, the Spirit whom Thou didst give to Thy apostles, who would make them, in all things, like unto Thee.
Receive the homage of love which they offer up to Thee, who hast graciously received the threefold confession of Peter.
And so that a pure oblation may everywhere be offered without ceasing unto the Most Holy Trinity, graciously enrich their number and keep them in Thy love, who art one with the Father and the Holy Ghost, to whom be glory and honour forever. Amen.
LMS booklets for sale: £3.00 per copy or £5 for two copies. 72 pages. A useful companion to follow Holy Mass, Eucharistic Benediction and more, with English and Latin translations. Does not contain the daily readings of Mass. Write your name in your purchased copy to avoid having someone else mistaking yours for his.
Subject to Covid regulations, you can visit after the 11am Sunday Mass Unit 2, Ground Floor (middle unit of Priory Court) to purchase this booklet and other Catholic books.
Church Cleaning Team: The winning team! Thank you to all of you who kindly came forward join this discreet but so necessary team, coordinated by Maria Haynes.
Holy Water in Church: Is not allowed in the Entrance fonts due to Covid restrictions, but you can bring an empty bottle to fill and keep with you. Please note: Holy Water at St Mary’s is not merely blessed as in the Ordinary Form Ritual, but exorcised and mingled with exorcised salt as per the traditional Ritual.
Our quarterly magazine Dowry is now available online at https://fssp.co.uk/category/dowry/. Browse now through 32 pages of in-depth and lighter articles on saints, the Holy Eucharist, Columbus, former-Satanist priest convert, news, poetry and the Priory Campaign. Send the link to your friends: a simple way of spreading the Good News at no cost.
Children Education upgrade at St Mary’s: As you know, families meet every Wednesday afternoon at Priory Court for educational activities. The purchase of the new building and the growing needs of families lead us to envisage more. Covid restrictions prevent us from rescheduling soon the wide information gathering focused on the Regina Caeli Academy model, cancelled last 26th April. But we could still hold a smaller consultation indoors for the purposes of education. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.
Ongoing formation for:
- Catechumens & Recent Converts : Saturday 6:30pm-7:30pm. Contact : email@example.com.
- Children, sacramental preparation. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Save babies: peaceful prayer presence 6am to 9pm outside Liverpool BPAS abortuary for 40 days from 23rd Sept. to 1st Nov. Can you give one hour? Contact Gabrielle Stanley: Liverpool40daysforlife@gmail.com; 07895128073. Website: www.40daysforlife.com
- Illegal to pray for babies, but legal to prey on them! This is happening in Manchester, England. From Friday 9th October 2020 we are unable to pray, offer help or express peaceful opposition to abortion outside the abortuary (Wynnstay Grove and parts of Wilmslow Road). Thank you to all the generous souls who spent hundreds of hours in silence witness over the past years outside this abortuary. Not one minute of your time was wasted. Read in Dowry No46 an account of one such witness.
- SPUC Appeal on Sunday 18th October at St Mary’s after 11am and 6pm Holy Masses, with Christmas Cards for sale.
- Pro-Life Chain on Sat. 24th October, 2:00pm-4:00pm, Mersey Street. Signs to hold will be available.
Prayer intentions for our sick: John Marechal, Hilda Creagan, John Sunderland (cancer).
All activities subject to Covid-19 regulations:
Ladies’ Group: monthly meeting on Saturday 17th October, 1pm, at Priory Court. Bring packed lunch. Talk on ‘The Holy Angels’ by Fr de Malleray at 2:00pm.
Weekly Mothers’ (and Grandmothers’) Prayer Group resumes: every Wed. 1:00pm
Men’s Group every Wednesday evening: 6:30pm Confessions, 7pm Holy Mass, 8pm Talk, 9pm Prayers
Youth Group facebook.com/juventutem.warrington/
Weekly family educational afternoon: every Wed 1pm. Contact: Alison Kahn.
Fr Henry Whisenant, who returned to his diocese of East Anglia after one year at St Mary’s, has moved into a presbytery next to the church where he ministers: The Presbytery, Chapel Lane, Suffolk, CO6 4TA.
HOLY MASS INTENTIONS:
|Sun 11||19th Sunday after Pentecost 5pm Vespers & Benediction||11:00am 6:00pm||Jim Aherne’s intentions Madeleine Dunne RIP|
|Mon 12||S. Wilfrid B C||12:10pm||Riley Michael Jones|
|Tue 13||S. Edward, King, Confessor, 2nd cl.||12:10pm||Greenan Family deceased|
|Wed 14||St. Callistus I, Pope & Martyr Mothers’ Group 1pm; Men’s Group 7:00pm-9:15pm||12:10pm 7:00pm||June Bent RIP Thanksgiving to St joseph|
|Thu 15||Teresa of Avila||12:10pm||Josephine Taylor|
|Fri 16||S. Hedwig||12:10pm||Houghton Family Deceased|
|Sat 17||Adoration & Confessions 10:00am-12noon S. Margaret Mary Alacoque (Tonsures Wigratzbad)||12:10pm||Wendy Moss’ relatives|
|Sun 18||20th Sunday after Pentecost (32nd anniv. FSSP) 5pm Vespers & Benediction||11:00am 6:00pm||F.S.S.P. Paul Martin RIP|
|Mon 19||S. Peter of Alcantara||12:10pm||Conversion of drug dealers|
|Tue 20||St. John Cantius C||12:10pm||Jim Aherne’s intentions|
|Wed 21||Com. of Ss Ursula & Companions, Virgin & Martyrs Mothers’ Group 1pm; Men’s Group 7:00pm-9:15pm||12:10pm 7:00pm||Doherty Family Deceased Annie O’Connor RIP|
|Thu 22||Votive Mass of St Luke, Evangelist (from past Sunday)||12:10pm||Anthony & Catherine Sibert|
|Fri 23||St. Anthony Mary Claret, B C||12:10pm||S, J, A & Pinto Family Deceased|
|Sat 24||Adoration & Confessions 10:00am-12noon S. Raphael Archangel (Tonsures OLGS Nebraska)||12:10pm||Henry Walker|
|Sun 25||Christ the King (British Summer time ends) 5pm Vespers & Benediction||11:00am 6:00pm||Polkey Family Thanksgiving Lawson Family Deceased|