|Join us on March for Life on Sat 3rd September in London! The spectacular reversing of Roe v Wade in the US shows the power of prayerful perseverance. Ending infanticide is a prerequisite to any improvement in Western civilisation. Thus, we all have a strong obligation to support this major initiative. To book the cheapest group ticket on the train to London, we need your feedback by Tuesday 19th July 12noon. Email email@example.com to tell us whether you can afford the proposed £62.90 return per person for direct service Warrington-London on Sat 3rd September, or if you can sponsor someone.|
St Mary’s Shrine Church Bulletin
17-31 July 2022 (fortnightly)
Smith Street, Warrington, Cheshire, WA1 2NS, England
Served by the Priestly Fraternity of St Peter by appointment from the RC Archdiocese of Liverpool.
01925 635664 fssp.org.uk/warrington facebook.com/fssp.england
Rector: Fr Armand de Malleray, FSSP firstname.lastname@example.org; Assistant: Fr Ian Verrier, FSSP (also Choir & Organ) email@example.com; Assistant: Fr Alex Stewart, FSSP (any Mass bookings) firstname.lastname@example.org; Assistant: Fr Gerard Quirke: email@example.com; Visiting Priest: Fr Andrew Jolly; Shrine Secretary: Mrs Jane Wright: firstname.lastname@example.org
Receive this newsletter by email https://fssp.org.uk/manageprofile/index.php
Daily Holy Mass readings: www.divinumofficium.com/cgi-bin/missa/missa.pl
Sundays: 8:30am to 7:00pm
3 Sunday Holy Masses 9:00am, 11:00am & 6:00pm;
Sung Vespers & Benediction 5:00pm; Confessions 8:30am-8:55am, 10:30am-10:55am & 5:30pm-5:55pm
Weekdays: 9:00am-7:00pm (Confessions 11:40am-12:05pm; Holy Mass 12:10pm)
Saturdays: 9:00am-7pm (Eucharistic Adoration 10:00am-12noon, with Confessions 10:05am-11:45am; Holy Mass 12:10pm); Sung Vespers 6:00pm
Confessions 30mins before every Mass every day
Holy Rosary Mon-Fri 11:30am; Sat 11am; Sun 4:30pm
Stations of the Cross Mon & Fri, 1:00pm
Mothers’ Prayer Group: Wed 1:00pm
Holy Souls Prayer Group: every Tuesday 1:00pm
Church & Priory Court car parks for Shrine visitors
Organ practice Thu, Fri 2pm-4pm
Bookshop Unit 3 Open Sun 12:25pm-1:00pm.
Daily Holy Mass online with homily: on LiveMass.net > Warrington: Sun 11:00am; Mon-Sat 12:10pm, and the same on demand 24hrs after 3pm upload for weekday Masses, and over 7days for latest Sunday Mass.
Eucharistic Adoration: Sun 5:30pm; Sat 10:00am-12noon; 1st Fri 7:40pm-8:40pm; most Wed. afternoon after classes
Men’s group: Monthly 7:00pm Mass + Talk
St Mary’s Academy: Mon and Thu 8:30am-3:30pm
Home Education Group: Most Wednesdays 1pm-3:30pm. Contact Alison Kahn 01925 727759.
Choir: Every Thu & Sun. Contact Fr Verrier for an audition if you would like to join our choir – including Junior Choir.
Young Adults & Professionals 18-35: Monthly Sat walk and/or talk: www.facebook.com/juventutem.warrington/
All must dress modestly in church out of reverence for God and of respect for fellow-worshippers. Ladies are encouraged to wear a veil or mantilla. Tops must cover bodies down to elbows and skirts at least below knees. No shorts, no t-shirts, no leggings. In addition, on Sundays and feasts Sunday best should be worn by all: i.e. suits or jackets and ties for gentlemen, dresses for ladies. Thank you.
We love having young children around in church and we thank parents for inculcating their little ones the respect owed to the House of God, and to secure recollection for fellow-worshippers. Parents are welcome to give exuberant children a break in the Narthex or outdoors if needed, especially during the Canon of the Mass and homily.
To receive Holy Communion: one must be a Catholic, in the state of grace, one-hour fasting at least. In the traditional liturgy, Holy Communion is received kneeling (unless unable to) and always on the tongue. Thank you in advance. Kindly switch OFF your mobile phone before you enter the church.
Safeguarding: If you have concerns about children or vulnerable adults, please contact the Archdiocesan Safeguarding Department: email@example.com or 0151 522 1013, or speak with Clare Fraser, St Mary’s Safeguarding Officer. Thank you for your awareness.
Church doors left shut during the day, kindly: during summer, since outside temperature generally hotter. Keep the coolness inside.
New Instagram page for St Mary’s Shrine: https://www.instagram.com/fssp.warrington/. Discover our regular posts, pictures, updates and news.
18th July: 34th anniversary of Foundation of the Priestly Fraternity of St Peter in Hauterive, Switzerland – 18th July 1988. Cf https://www.fssp.org/en/act-of-foundation/.
The clergy at Warrington will give thanks and pray for you especially on that day.
Men’s Group: Wednesday 20th July, St Mary’s:
- 6:00pm Vespers
- 6:30pm Confessions
- 7:00pm Holy Mass
- 7:45pm Litany of St Joseph and Compline
- 8:10pm Coffee in parish hall
- 8:30pm Doctrinal talk by Fr Stewart
- 9:00pm Q&As and chat
FIRST SOLEMN HIGH MASS of newly ordained FR GWILYM EVANS, FSSP, at St Mary’s on SUNDAY 7th August, 11:00am, with indulgenced blessings. Refreshments following in Presbytery Gardens.
Pray for 15 new FSSP priests ordained in 2022.
Confraternity of St Peter: Frequently Asked Questions
Can I still join the Confraternity of Saint Peter if…
1) If I can’t travel easily and I would not have the time to attend events with the Confraternity?
– Yes, you may join. Provided you say the daily decade and Prayer, and have the Mass offered once a year by any priest in good standing, you are not required to do anything more, even on the day of your enrolment.
2) If I do not intend to be part of the Priestly Fraternity of St Peter?
– Yes, you may join. The Confraternity of St Peter (CSP) is formally distinct from the Priestly Fraternity of St Peter (FSSP). Any Catholic can join the former; but only priests and future priests can join the latter. Confraternity members retain full liberty and can decide to leave at any time.
3) If I already have spiritual commitments?
– Yes, you may join. For instance, if you are already committed to praying one decade of the rosary daily, you can apply it to the Confraternity’s intentions, added to your other intentions. If those were meant to exclude any other, you simply say a further decade.
4) If I normally attend the Ordinary Form of the Roman Rite, not the Extraordinary Form.
– Yes, you may join. Your prayers for priestly vocations and ministry as a committed Catholic are always valued.
5) If I want to pray for vocations not exclusively to the Priestly Fraternity of St Peter?
– Yes, you may join. As a member of the Confraternity, you intend your prayer to benefit principally our seminarians and priests, but you may include others at your discretion.
6) If I am a seminarian / deacon / priest / bishop / religious / sister?
– Yes, you may join. The Confraternity is not for lay persons only. Any clerics and consecrated persons in good standing are welcome.
7) If I am not able to give any money?
– Yes, you may join. Your commitment is purely spiritual, and we do not expect you to contribute financially. Financial support to the formation of our seminarians and to the ministry of our priests is gratefully received, irrespective of Confraternity membership.
8) If I can’t conveniently recite the daily decade and Prayer in Latin, nor have the yearly Mass offered in the Extraordinary Form?
– Yes, you may join. You may say the decade in your preferred language and use any approved translation of the Prayer. While it is fitting to have the yearly Mass offered according to the Extraordinary Form of the Roman rite, any other rite authorised by the Catholic Church may be used as an alternative.
Please pray for the repose of the soul of our parishioner Michael Whelan, who died in Warrington Hospital two weeks ago. His funeral will take place on Fri 22 July, 11:45am at St Mary’s – with reception of the body on 21st July, 2:30pm. Of your charity pray for his soul and for his family. R.I.P.
Pregnant worries….drop in for a chat, advice and/or help (legal, moral or practical ). Phone 07916578902 between 6pm and 9pm; or 08000962518 between 10.30am and 6pm.
Thank you for helping us through the Offertory collection and standing orders.
Support St Mary’s Shrine: send your donation via our Donate page: https://fssp.co.uk/donate/. Ask us for a Gift Aid form to increase your donation by 25% at no extra cost to you. Gift Aid envelopes can be obtained from our Secretariat. Standing orders are easier and quicker for us to process than cash: Lloyds Bank ; Sort Code: 30-80-27 ; Account number: 30993368 ;
Account name: FSSP Warrington
Now 670 subscribers to St Mary’s YouTube channel: Homilies for Sundays and major feasts are uploaded
regularly. Visit youtube.com/channel/UC_NVY7jpDIhANiwjng1gN0w. Thank you to our LiveMass/YouTube operators.
Videos on Roe v. Wade here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM1Nk5RMAek
and on Nature & Grace here: www.facebook.com/londonjuventutem/videos/396931235717704
Summer Recess: before contacting us, kindly check how urgent your request is, since some priests are away on ministry or vacation, especially in August. Thank you.
St Mary’s Academy will resume in September. Contact us for information.
Pray for success of Juventutem Weekend in Stonyhurst 22-24 July.
See great pictures from the Confirmations of 37 by Bishop Alphonsus Cullinan of Waterford (Ireland) last 2 July at St Mary’s: https://www.flickr.com/photos/138056205@N08/albums/72177720300377287. Thank you to the photographers.
Pray for: Deryck Sankey, Ray Cilia, James H., Tim Wright, Michael Leacy, Wendy Moss, Bill Conder, Greta Doyle, Dorothea Wallace, M. Hawley; Theresa Reynard, Hilda Creagan. RIP: Michael Whelan; John Marechal.
|Sun||17||6th Sunday after Pentecost 5pm Vespers and Benediction of the Blessed Sacrament||II||9:00am||Holy Souls|
|11:00am||All St. Mary’s Faithful|
|Mon||18||St. Camillus de Lellis, Confessor ; 34th anniv. FSSP||III||12:10pm||FSSP|
|Tue||19||St. Vincent de Paul, Confessor||III||12:10pm||Thanksgiving|
|Wed||20||St. Jerome Emiliani, Confessor||III||12:10pm||Sile Delaney|
|Men’s Group 7:45-915pm||7:00pm||Penitents of St. Mary’s|
|Thur||21||St. Laurence Brindisi, Confessor, Doctor||III||12:10pm||Rita Corcoran|
|Fri||22||St. Mary Magdalen, Penitent||III||11:45am||Michael Whelan RIP|
|Sat||23||St. Apollinaris, Bishop, Martyr Adoration & Confessions 10:00am-12noon; Vespers 6pm||III||12:10pm||Anne Dwyer RIP|
|Sun||24||7th Sunday after Pentecost 5pm Vespers and Benediction of the Blessed Sacrament||II||9:00am||John McEwan RIP|
|11:00am||All St. Mary’s Faithful|
|Mon||25||St. James, Apostle||II||12:10pm||Tom & Ellen Cahill RIP|
|Tue||26||St. Anne, Mother of the Blessed Virgin||II||12:10pm||Andrew Robinson|
|Wed||27||Feria, Votive Mass of St. Joseph||IV||12:10pm||Anrew Irving RIP|
|Thur||28||Sts. Nazarius(M), Victor(P,M), Innocent (P,Conf)||III||12:10pm||Thanksgiving Eanna|
|Fri||29||St. Martha, Virgin||III||12:10pm||Andrew Madden RIP|
|Sat||30||Saturday of the Blessed Virgin Adoration & Confessions 10:00am-12noon; Vespers 6pm||IV||12:10pm||Mehtap Parkinson|
|Sun||31||8th Sunday after Pentecost 5pm Vespers and Benediction of the Blessed Sacrament||II||9:00am||Holy Souls|
|11:00am||All St. Mary’s Faithful|